The Secret to Getting A Flawless Complexion
One of my biggest pet peeves with makeup, is making sure that everything is blended seamlessly. From my tinted moisturizer to blush, everything works better together when there are no apparent distinctions. Makeup artists, magazines, and blogs have been raving out this little secret—and I, of course, had to share it with you!
To buy: $20, shop.beautyblender.net
This little pink sponge is the ultimate makeup tool. The Beautyblender was designed by makeup artist Rea Ann Silva, who has beautified Hollywood starlets like Macy Gray, Carmen Electra, and Erin Andrews. She developed the product while on a shoot and decided to take it to the mass market, so the rest of us could enjoy having perfect skin, too. The pointed edge is perfect for right around the eyes and I’ve been using the sponge not just for my concealer, but cream or liquid blushes, too.
I asked Rea Ann to share some of her tips on how to use this handy tool.
5 Tips on the Beauyblender From the Expert
– Bounce beautyblender against your face when applying make up. This blends make up without creating changes in the texture or tone of your skin.
– Use the round base for foundation and blush on the larger areas of your face such as your forehead, cheeks and chin.
– Use it damp when applying wet/dry make up. When the beautyblender is wet, it is normal for it to expand to nearly twice its original size. Wash after use and place it in the insert pedestal to dry.
– If you have problem skin the beautyblender works to cover blemishes. Use the pointed end and the stipple and twist technique to work make up into depressed areas of the face. The stippling and twisting action feathers out the makeup’s edges, leaving a perfect finish.
– The smaller tip end is not only the best applicator for concealer under the eyes, around the nose, but also for achieving dramatic results with your eyeshadow!
Original blog entry: http://simplystated.realsimple.com/simplystated/2011/03/beauty-blender.html